Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friday morning I got up early studied for German and faced the cold wet weather outside. I am such a baby when it comes to cold weather, but I guess that's what good ol' Texas does to you. After class, I went home to start preparing for Mexican food night. I was not feeling well, and laid down to sleep it off. I think I am coming down with something, hopefully not the flu. I have been getting slight fevers and migraines throughout the day. I hope its just the weather change, cause it is sure not fun. After I rested for a little bit, I met Marie and Heather at the Mekur, a huge grocery store close to our gym. We spent an hour trying to figure out what and how much food to get for 13 people. We hurried home, jumped in the shower, and began cutting veggies and cooking meet. On Thursday evening, while making dinner I sliced my finger pretty severely with a bread knife. It was extremely painful, so Friday I passed on my duties of slicing peppers to someone else. I made a huge bowl of mushrooms which disappeared quickly. I am so happy to see all my wonderful friends become mushroom lovers (addicts). I'm so glad I am doing something good for the world. The meal turned out amazing! I was thoroughly pleased. We had all the fixings you could think of plus great apple strudel dessert and homemade guacamole. We spent the evening chatting and enjoying each others company. We ended up playing this game where you give someone a scenario and you have to make the face that you would probably do in that situation. Unfortunately, I only got a few of my friend Ron and Heather.. Heather has all the good ones of everyone on her camera. So, if you see some crazy pics, you know why.

This morning, my friend Jenna and I were planning to go to Bratislava, Slovakia for cheap shopping, but we ended up getting lost on the way to the train station. It was so so so so so so cold outside and pouring rain so we decided to head to our favorite restaurant, 1516 for a warm meal. I got a spinach crepe and beer soup that was wonderful. After we had gotten our temperature to normal, we headed out again. We ended up just shopping around Vienna and cutting the day short. I came home to find my wonderful roommate, Sarah Hannah, putting chocolate glaze on to pumpkin cookies. Let me just tell you, this girl is amazing. She made homemade apple cobbler and thought that it was not good... which by the way it was delicious.. so she decided to go buy a pumpkin, roast it, and then make puree out of it for cookies. She is one of a kind, and I'm so glad she lives with me. For dinner, I made tacos out of the left overs from last night. I'm going to go to bed early tonight, I'm starting to feel the sickness coming... hopefully its just the weather... I really don't want to get sick here and have to deal with doctors.

Well that was my weekend so far, I hope everyone has had a great one! Love you so much!

No comments: