Saturday, October 13, 2007

As I sit here in my room, relaxing and enjoying the sounds of David Crowder Band, I am yearning for words in which to write. Yesterday night I ventured with my best friends to a bar for my good friend, Scott's 23rd birthday. It ended up being a late night, but a night to be remembered. Having all of my favorite people from the program at one place was awesome. It seems that we all end up going our separate ways on the weekends, and for once we all made time to be together. I must say this morning when I arose I was wishing I hadn't stayed out so late, for my roommate Nicky and I had extensive plans for today.

I hurried and got dressed and then made our way to the Farmer's market downtown. It is amazing the quality of produce, meats, and cheeses that are offered. It is so nice to have a place where you can find any ethnic food you could imagine. It was quite busy this morning. The people were bustling through the narrow passage ways. After we made our rounds to the various vendors, we set out to Mariahilfer Strasse, a well known shopping street. I ended up getting lucky and finding the perfect black almost knee high boots at the first store we entered. I have been looking for the past month for the right pair. Everyone here was them, they keep you warm, as well as look nice. We ventured into a few more shops and then realized that we were too exhausted to shop any longer. We headed home around 5 pm and have been in our pj's curled in our beds ever since. Tonight, my friend Diana, is going to spend the night. She wanted to try out the church I've been going to, and since I live so far away from her, she is just going to crash on our extra bed.

Well again, another day has passed in a blink of an eye. Before you know it, it will be on the plane back to good ol' Texas. But.. not quite yet.. I still have some more to see :) Have a good one!

No comments: