Friday, October 12, 2007

Another week has almost passed and just in the matter of a blink of an eye. Monday, after a long day of classes, I ventured to my workout class and enjoyed an intense session of abs and feeling completely uncoordinated with dance moves. I have hard time following people to start out with but adding the extra element of a language barrier, makes it just that more difficult. As far as the weather this week, we have really lucked out. The past week has been beautiful… very sunny and crisp, however a bit chilly.
Tuesday, after Finance, we tried out a Tex-Mex restaurant close to school. I must say it was definitely what we consider Tex-Mex, but it was a nice change of scenery and they had excellent margaritas (I mean not as good as yours, Dad :) However, I must admit that it made me miss Mr. Taco and Matamoras so much more. Wednesday, my art class went to the Art History Museum. I had such an amazing time there. If you are ever in Vienna, this is a destination that must not be missed. The collection they posses is extravagant, but it does make me sad to think they have taken all of these priceless possessions from their home and put it in cases for people to gawk at. For example, there is a piece from a pyramid in Egypt in one of the front rooms of the museum. Shouldn’t that be in Egypt where it belongs?? With everything that is taken from Egypt it makes you think if there is anything left. Today, I went to German, made a yummy hamburger for lunch, and went to work out. I must say the gym membership has paid off, for I have gone everyday except one since I joined. I can’t say the results are evident, but I do feel so much better and I’m not gaining any weight while enjoying the indulgences Vienna has to offer. Looking back, I was thinking about what my favorite part has been this week. I would have to say making dinner for my apartment last night was pretty good. I cooked chicken with pineapples, along with salad, rice, and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce. I must say this has been a good boost to my cooking confidence. I was always so scared to do anything, but now am enjoying trying new things, and adding new recipes to my list of things I can make. So far, French toast and sunny side up eggs are the winner. I tend to make that for every meal if I am not trying something new. So, thats what's been the highlights of my week!! I hope all is well with everyone!!! Love you so much!!

No comments: