Monday, November 5, 2007

Hey Everyone!! It has been a while I know, but I posted pictures and am having a blast. We had a wonderful time with everyone in Bamberg and seeing Sierra and Desiree at their new home. We walked around a little fortress close to their home and then headed to Munich to see Axel. We booked a room at the Novotel where Marie and I had stayed when we first arrived in Europe. It was very nice. We went to a biergarten with Axel and his wonderful girlfriend then headed to a bar for cocktails close by. Friday morning we headed to Salzburg, stopping on the way to see Ludwig's last castle in Chimsee. It was absolutly beautiful. That evening we arrived in Salzburg and ate dinner at a cute resturant close to our guest house. Saturday we toured around Salzburg checking out a Fortress, a couple churches, Mozart's birth place, and a wax museum. Sunday morning we went to the salt mines outside of Salzburg. We had a blast sliding down the wooden slides and learning about what people did in the area for such a long time. That evening we made the 3 hour drive to Vienna and finally I was home. I showed them my apartment and we headed to their new home for a week. It is very nice and close to my school. This morning I woke up early and walked to school. This was so nice considering I am usully stuck on a train for an hour. It was too bad cause right when I got to school I found out my class was cancelled. So, Jake and I decided to hit up Starbucks to pass the time. After my other classe, I met my family in front of St. Stephen's Cathedral and gave them a tour with the information I learned in my art history class. We also listened to an organ concert in the St. Peter's, the oldest church in Vienna. After our church touring, we headed to a great place to eat. We had traditional Austrian food and good bier. As for tomorrow, I'm not quite sure what we will do, but I will let you know. We are having a great time and I'm having the opportunity to see things in Vienna that I have not yet seen. I hope everyone is doing well!! Love you!

No comments: