Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hey Everyone!! Hope the week is going well for everyone! Mine has been great, can't believe its almost over. I was thinking today how I only have 3 more days in each of my classes and then its finals. Wow.. I feel like I just got here. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to go home. I'm just amazed at how quickly time passes. When I was younger I thought time moved so slow, now I have come to understand what my elders have been saying all along.

Yesterday, my art, culture, ent. management class went to this really cool auction house for a field trip. To tell you the truth I really have don't know why we went there, but it was pretty interesting with beautiful amazing things to be sold. That evening, I went to see Romeo and Juliet at the State Opera. I am embarrassed to say that I have been in Vienna for 3 months and have yet to see an opera. So, I decided I may as well go. Unfortunately I was not pleased, for I had expected more from such a renowned opera house. The singers weren't great, the costumes were dull, and the set was bland. However, I plan on attending the Magic Flute this weekend, so hopefully my perception on opera in Vienna is revamped.

As for today, I went with my friend, Mallory, to this really unique restaurant that served pieces of bread with various spreads. For example, I got one with a mushroom spread, then a pickle/jalapeno spread, a tomato spread, and an egg spread. It was a quite interesting invention. But, supposedly its been around for over 100 year. It is my art, cult, mgt teacher's fav restaurant, so I'm glad I experienced it, but to tell you the truth I thought it was a little strange. Then we headed to the Imperial Treasury to see the jewels of the Hapsburg empire. It is amazing how well they have preserved the beautiful clothes and prize possessions. After our museum tour we headed over to the Christmas Markets in the Maria Theresa Square. I had not yet been, so it was pretty fun. The Christmas markets are set out all over the city. They are little wooden booths will beautiful ornaments and other Austrian crafts. The best part is that they sell amazing treats and mulled wine. Mallory and I got these dumplings filled with chocolate, covered in sugar, and covered in chocolate sauce. Pretty much fantastic. After our great adventure, we went separate ways, and I met Marie at the airport. Our intention was to get our flight moved up earlier. However, after an hour of waiting, we found out that there was pretty much no room in the inn, and that we would have to stay with our original reservation of coming home on the 23rd of December. For some reason I didn't put up a fight, I knew that the lady had done all that she could, and I had done all that I could. Now, all I can do is pray and trust that I will get home in time :)

We got home around 7 and decided to make some yummy french toast and watch Golden Girls. Marie has all the seasons, and pretty much now our apartment is hooked. Every evening we sit around and watch a couple seasons and laugh till we cry. It's pretty much the best. Well, I hope everyone has had a great one!! Only 3 more weeks and I'm back in good ol' Texas :) Love you!!

No comments: