Sunday, November 11, 2007

So today my family left. It made me very sad. We did however have a wonderful time together. They were able to see my wonderful town and experience all it has to offer. Towards the end of the week it started to get really cold and rainy, but still had a good time going to different museums. Dad and I went to the Art History musueum on Thursday, while Ian, Morgan, and Mom went to the Natural History museum, and then on Friday, Dad and I went to the Belvedere to look at 18th through 20th centruy art while the others went shopping. We had a good time and were able to see and do what we wanted. On Wednesday night, my family took my apartment out to eat at a really good guest house close to my apartment. It was nice for them to finally meet. Sorry this is skipping around, but on Saturday, we went to Shonbrunn, the summer residence of the Hapsburgs and then drove through Vienna woods. Once we reached the outlook at the top of the mountain, it started to snow. I almost started to cry! I am not ready to walk to school in the snow :( I guess I'm just going to have to get use to it.. but first I need snow boots!! I guess it didn't snow a flake last winter here... why wasn't I born a year early? lol.. just kidding. Anyways, so we stopped at a wine tavern to have Wiener Schnitzel and local wine. This morning when I woke up the ground outside was covered in snow. We packed up and they took me back to my apartment. It was so sad to say good bye to them. I was so worried about them driving in the snow, but I guess they will manage. I hope that they had a good time, I know I did. This afternoon, I organized my room, wrote a speech for tomorrow, and finished my German. I must admitt this weather is condusive for studying, for I got a lot accomplished today. Well, I hope everyone had a good day and good weather. Pray for my family as they head back home on Tuesday. They ended up leaving today to drive back to Frankfurt due to the bad weather. Well, Love You ALL!! At the moment, I am looking forward to being back in hot Texas, but know I will enjoy it once I get the right clothes :).

No comments: