Friday, September 21, 2007

Last day in Denmark..

Like my title says, today is the last day I am in Copenhagen. I leave tomorrow at 9:30 AM from the Copenhagen Iternational Airport and will arrive at 10:45 AM in Vienna. Yesterday, I met Melissa after her morning class and went for bagels with her and her good friend from her program. We then walked around the main shopping street and made are way up the Roundtower. The tower was built with a ramp that circled in the inside all the way up to the top, so that the king could ride his horse all the way up to look over his country and see if any invaders were close. I liked this walk a lot more than the one I did in Prague, because there were only a few stairs to climb. Once we reached the tip top, it was a gorgeous view. Mel pointed out the major points of the town and explained to me that there were only 7 districts in Copenhangen, where in Vienna there is 21, so everything was very close by. After our long hike down, we headed to a pizza shop near her school. I had hawiian pizza of course, and Mel has lasagna. I had the opportunity to meet some of Mel's close friends that she hangs out with in Copenhagen. Everyone was very nice and enjoyable. During Mel's afternoon class, I walked around and explored. I found some cool shops and a great juice bar to sit in and read. I finally found a heavy coat! I had been looking everywhere for one, and finally I had found the perfect one. That evening we rode back to her house on a city bus, and cooked a delicious dinner. Mel and her roommate made chicken breast covered in cornflakes, veggies, pasta, and marianera sauce. I must say it was quite a delicious meal. I ended up going to sleep very early last night around 10. I was wiped from the long day of walking. This morning I woke up fairly late at 10 am. Before this past summer, I would have said this was too early, but as I began to wake up early for work and then German class, sleeping past 7 was late. But, I needed the rest, and I am glad I slept as long as I did. Today, we are going to explore the area around which Mel lives and then head over to Tivilli, the oldest amusment park in the world, and hang out with her friends. Tomorrow morning I have to be at the airport at 7. This is going to be tough considering it takes an hour to reach the airport. Oh well, it was a cheap flight and I will be able to be back in Vienna early so that I can wash clothes and enjoy my own envionment. I hope all is well!! I love you and miss you. Mel and I were just discussing how much we enjoy Europe, but at the same time we can't wait to be home. We miss all the conviences that we take for granted, such as air conditioning, free refils and free water, cars, and stores like Target and Wal-Mart where everything you need is there. So, be grateful for those little things, for I know I sure do now!! Talk to you soon!! Have a great Friday!!

No comments: