Friday, September 14, 2007

German Intensive is over!!!

Guten Tag!!

My German Intensive is over!! Very exciting!! After we finished our extinsive exams, we headed down to a place in the 15th distric to sign up for a work out class. Vienna offers a multitude of opportunities for anyone to join a workout class. There are a billion classes to choose from including a wide range from Yoga to Cycling to Gun shooting to Trampoline Jumping... pretty much anything you desire is yours!!! So, I joined a cycling fat burning class on Mondays for 17 Euros. For the past week, I was having a difficult time on deciding which classes to take during the semester, and after a long time of debating, I think I finally found the course load that will work. I will be taking a Vienna Art and Architecture class where one day out of the week we will have the opportunity to explore art museums and old buildings plus get a free museum pass for anytime during the semester to all the amazing places around town. I also will be taking an Art, Culture, and Events Management class which I am also thoroughly excited about. Along with this I will take an International Finance: Euro banking class and International Organizations class plus Elementry German I :) I am excited about each one of these classes, they all seem very interesting. They will begin on Monday the 24th.

So, tomorrow I leave for Prague at 10:00 AM from the South Train Station in Vienna. I should arrive in Prague around 2:00 PM and will stay in a youth hostel down town. I am probably not going to take my lap top, so hopefully I can find a place with computers to keep you updated.

This week has been a good one. It has been beautiful and relatively warm. I went to the Nachtmart on Tuesday with my class to practice German. This is a farmers market that offers a wide variety of fresh ethnic foods. We got to purchase a variety of breads, cheeses, meats, and veggies. When we got back to class, we had to explain to the teacher in German what we purchased and then we were able to make sandwiches. On Wednesday, I went to a local cafe with my German class to practice ordering in German. This was fun because we got to order anything we wanted on behalf of our school. I ended up getting hot chocolate and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with ketchup. Thursday, I aced my oral exam, and today I officially finished my intensive 3 weeks with a decent final. As for this afternoon, my roommates are sound asleep, rejuvenating for this upcoming week, and I have just finished watching the excellent movie, High Crimes. I love this movie... if you need a good movie to watch this is the one. We have a TV but the channels are all in German, which is not pleasurable at all. Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! I hope to write soon, but if I don't know worries, I am just soaking up the memories in Prague and Copenhagen!! I will be back in Vienna next Saturday (the 22nd) at 10:45 am.

Love,
Chelsi

No comments: