Saturday, September 29, 2007

Austria nicht Australia

Last night, I babysat with one of my friends for a family who is from New Jersey. We had a good time, but were wishing we were with our friends watching an opera. It was at a very nice house close to where I live. They had four kids that were all very sweet. After we finished at 11, we headed downtown to meet Marie, Heather, and a few of our guy friends at an Australian Bar. It was pretty nice, because everyone spoke English. I felt as if I was in another country. We had Fosters and sat around talking with the manager of the bar. We got home at 3 am, and fell right to sleep.

This morning I woke up at 10 am, and headed out for a walk around the neighborhood. I ended up walking for an hour and finding a new grocery store. This was very exciting because they had a whole new selection of products to choose from. I even found pancakes and syrup, which we had all been craving. I piled up my grocery bags and headed out for the long journey home. I realized that it takes as long as the equivalent of walking from my house in Gonzales to the methodist church to get back to my apartment..which is quite a ways. At home, I would think that was insane, but today I actually did it twice, with heavy bags to carry. When I got back home the first time, I realized I had forgotten a few food items. So, I thanked God for my Ipod and headed back into the world again. We are having a dinner party tonight at our house. We invited some of our friends over to see our apartment and eat our good food. We have to cook for 12 people, so its going to be tough considering the small supply of dishes we posses. I am making a tomato, mozzarella, mushroom, olive, pepper salad with balsamic and olive oil, as well as, provide dill dip and salsa with chips. The main course is a special family recipe by Marie, which is a ham, pea, cream tortellini casserole. Heather is making roasted vegetable salad, Sarah Hannah- homemade peach cobbler and ice cream. We will also have potatoes and a green salad with garlic bread. So, pretty much its going to be amazing. A real homemade meal. The other people we invited our bringing drinks and other side dishes. We are going to take out the furniture in our living room and put a couple of our long tables together and set the table. I'm so excited... we are even all dressing up! So, I will let you know how this turns out, I hope its what we are expecting! So that's my day thus far... walking to the grocery store, cooking, laundry, and getting ready for a dinner party. What a wonderful and beautiful day in Vienna!! Love you!

No comments: