Thursday, September 6, 2007

Its too cold outside...

So, it has been raining for the past 3 days (not to mention) it is under 40 degrees F which makes it extremely fun to walk 10 blocks to the train station twice a day. School has been going well, this intensive German is really making me want real school to start. I can't wait to have other subjects to study besides Deutsch. After class, I have been making the rounds at the fun shops in Vienna in search for a heavy nice coat and warm layers. I have not yet succeeded, but I feel it shall be soon. I did however by my first pair of skinny jeans. Yes, I have turned to the dark side and am starting to dress European. Everyone here wears skinny jeans. This phenomenon was not understood until it began to pour outside and my wide leg jeans could not fit into my cherry red with white polka dot rain boots. Now, I have a pair of black jeans that fit nicely into my Uggs and rain boots without discomfort. This afternoon I have spent writing and rewriting a foreign language for my midterm tomorrow. I am not too excited about it. I have a hard time spelling English as it is, how do they expect me to spell a whole new language right, especially German. Oh well, I will do my best. I am so ready for bed, I am not ready, however for the cold sheets. We have not turned our heater on yet, and our house is not insulated very well, so we sleep in tons of layers. After my test tomorrow, I will take a 5 hour train to Villach to visit Opa and Helga for the weekend. I can not wait. So, next time you hear from me, I will fill you in. Hope everyone is doing well!! Mema, I hope your surgery did miracles and Edward... Happy 17th Birthday!!! Love you all!!

No comments: