Saturday, December 22, 2007

Today is my 50th post on this blog, and the last time I will be writing from Europe. Sad day. I have had a great past couple of days going back to my favorite places. Yesterday, Marie and I went to a couple Christmas markets, stopping for some homemade hot chocolate at the city hall (The Rathaus), checking out the Klimts and Schiele's at the Belvedere, and eating lunch at the oldest cafe in Vienna with our friend Blake, and dinner with Mallory at a wine tavern. Today, I got my hair cut at Toni and Guys, went to the Imperial treasury, and took in the last sites Vienna had to offer. Marie and I took pictures of everything, not wanting to forget a second of our time here. I really am going to miss this place; my home of 4 months. This afernoon, we spent out time cleaning the house and throwing away old food. The past few days I have been slowly packing, and today when I went to pick it up it barely budged. It looks like I'm going to have to part with some of my favs in the morning to take off the weight. We have a taxi picking us up at 4:30 am to take us to the airport. It should be a blast. not. Our flight leaves at 7:40 am and arrives in San Antonio at 10:00 pm, not forgetting to stop in London and Chicago. I hear there is a huge storm in Chicago, so I might be spending my 21st in the airport :) Which would def. be a memory I wouldn't forget. Well, I look forward to seeing all of my family and friends. It has been too long. I want to thank you for continuing to see how I am doing, it truly is appreciated. I'll make sure to write once I have gotten home, and have time to look back on my expeience in Vienna. I love you so much!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: