Sunday, December 9, 2007

To be honest, today has been a very unproductive day. I woke up at 2 pm (hard life, i know) and then sat around uploaded pictures from the ball last night, ate pasta, wrote a page of my finance paper, talked to my wonderful parents, and called my best friend Kel to wish her a happy 21st birthday. Let's see, I think the last time I wrote was around Wednesday.. so I will begin with Thursday.

Thursday:

Went to German, realized how behind I was, and decided to go for tutoring with my teacher after class. Ended up sitting in her office for 3 hours. I however, did gain a lot of insight into the language of Duetsch. I only wish I had done that 3 months ago, life would have been so much easier. Later on went to finance, was bored to death, scurried home for some french toast and worked on my finance paper.

Friday:

Took my German test and felt really good about it. I went shopping and found some fun gifts for my amigos and family. Received my debit card from my mom.. huge relief. Came home to find that our oven that had been broken for 3 months had finally been fixed. Decided to run to the grocery store to buy some pineapples. Made my favorite side dish, brown sugared broiled pineapples. Delicious. Marie, Heather, and I opened a bottle of wine and attempted to work on our papers. Obviously was not successful and ended up spending the whole night playing truth or dare (so much better than doing finance). Went to bed at 1 am.

Saturday:

Woke up at 11 am. Immediately began working on my finance paper. I am so determined to get that thing done on time. Spent the afternoon working on that as well as on my international organization paper. At 5 pm, we began to get ready for the ball. We all were dressed up and began our usual routine of pictures. By the way, I posted them, and apologize there not to exciting. We made our way to the ball, which was in a beautiful hotel across from Schonbrunn (summer palace of the royals). I was a bit surprised to see that 1/2 of the people there were from my school and the other half older couples, which was fun, but was hoping to meet some young Austrians. We had a great time dancing, however not to waltz type music but to Elvis and other oldies. It was so funny to see people dancing formally to these songs. My friends and I had a blast doing our own thing, not having to really know how to dance at all. Around 11:30, we decided to head downtown. There is a bar called Sky Bar that is really up scale. My friends and I have been denied entrance due to our attire. So, we decided to give it a try since we were all dressed so nicely. We got in, and had the best time. The drinks were really expensive, so we didn't order many. We had so much fun, dancing and cherishing our time together. We realized time has gone too fast, and we really have to live in the moments we have left. Thank goodness the group I went with are all from Texas, so hopefully we will see each other often when we get home. We took the night bus home and arrived in our apartment at 3 am. I was wiped out. I did however get to talk to Morgan on skype, which was wonderful, since I haven't really had a chance to talk to her lately since she is constantly working. I made some boiled eggs and then headed to bed.

Overall:

I have had a great couple of days. I'm getting my work done, but truly having a good time along the way. I am thankful to have the ability to say I have been to a Ball in Vienna. I have 2 more weeks from today, to enjoy my time here. I however am really looking forward to seeing everyone when I return.

This next week is going to be pretty hectic with 3 finals and 2 papers due, but it will great to have it all behind me. Just want y'all to know that I love you so much and think about you constantly. Thank you again for sticking with me and continuing to read my entries. I hope they are not to boring :) Well, until next time!!

Love,
Chelsi

No comments: